And here is the long story short(kinda): After something like 4 1/2 years of crazy/gross things going on with my hands someone finally suggested I see an allergist. So back in early December they did a panel of like 50 common ingredients in soaps/lotions/household items. They put a dot of each on my back and covered it with tape. I had it checked twice that week and finally was able to learn what might have been ailing me all this time.
It turns out I am allergic to chloromethylisothiazolinone, formaldehyde (in paints, glues and fabrics), and colophony or resin(in adhesives, varnishes, wart remedies, floss), I'm also sensitive (but not allergic) to something called cocomide DEA (in lots of soaps and lotions). So that chemical with the really long name is in a ton of stuff-in my case it's found in that great anti-bacterial soap from Bath and Body Works that I used to use religiously, it's in my baby wipes, and my shampoo and conditioner. So in the last month I have switched over to some expensive soapless soap and natural hairstuff and I just make my son wear his messy diapers all day (ok not really-he's been in underwear for about a month and when he has a messy diaper after bedtime I wear gloves). So by reading the labels on everything, taking my special soap everywhere and avoiding products with those ingredients and I've seen tons of improvement. It's crazy. So here come the before and after photos (drumroll please):
After:
Now all we have to do is convince the insurance company that they really do want to pay for all of this instead of fight about it...

8 comments:
all i can say is "hooray"! i am so happy for you and think you should now probably pursue hand modeling.
Wow what a difference!!!! Awesome!
Woah! I'm so sorry you had to go through all that! My friend Tiffani makes soap b/c her children are really sensitive too. Check out her website: wildlyluckysoap.com. We buy the wildly lucky line for Kaelah after she started having rashes last winter.
Yeah for gorgeous hands! Probably a pain to read all the ingredients, but how happy is it to know that there is a rememdy. Simply beautimous!
Wow!!! Who would have thought. I think you really are pretty regardless of how the hands are...but I'm happy you found the solution....I'm sorry I didn't see you when you were in UT either :(
Wow...that's amazing! I'm glad it's just a allergy thing and not anything serious (thought quite inconvenient). Your hands look great...you could totally be a hand model!
So, your telling me next time i'm at Sams not to pick you up a case of members mark bum wipes? JK. so glad that you finally found out what is was! Awesome. Hey we should get together.
Wow! I bet you are so excited! You can totally be a hand model now! I'm glad that you finally figured out what was going on!
Post a Comment