Ben and I really enjoyed doing the race for the cure (for breast cancer) for the 5th year in a row this past weekend. Thanks to our friends Kelly and Cory who so willingingly kept our kids overnight so we didn't have to bring them over at 6:30 in the morning. Since we didn't have anyone in the stroller this year we were able to run the entire thing. It was a great feeling...even if it did kick my booty. There were something like 30000 people and it was cool to be a part of it. For those who don't remember, we like to do the race in celebration of my mom who has been 12 years without cancer and in memory of her mother who passed away like 30 years ago from it. Here's a picture of Ben and I just before we left the house in the morning (yes I know, I look totally hot in spandex).

I love her smile in this picture. Hailey was very excited about the stuff we brought back for her from the race...little did she know it was all free!

Here's the two girls later that day after we had gotten all cleaned up. I convinced Hails to let me straiten her hair too.

I just thought I'd throw in an embarassing picture of my son. He likes to go potty so he can wear his big boy underwear for a bit. I'm really impressed with how well he is doing with the whole process. I'm just trying to ease him into it since he has shown so much interest. He goes in the big boy potty at least once a day (then he points to his underwear and says, "I want wear those")

Just to prove he does wear clothes too, here's another one.

I was looking at a friends blog the other day and she was talking about being obsessed with blogs on how to do little girls hair. I spent a while looking at them and felt like such a slacker for just throwing Hailey's hair up in a pony most days. So here is what I did one day.

7 comments:
That is awesome that you did the Race for the Cure! I need to pay more attention to when they do it in Sacramento, because I think it would be great to run it (okay, jog) in memory of my mom.
You should wear the spandex more often Mindy. :) We'll be sure to run again next year. I'm glad you posted Hunter in his big boy underpants because I was debating posting a similar picture of Danny. Sounds like Hunter's doing great! Hailey's hair's been looking super cute. Hope you had a fun night painting!
That's awesome you both did the race for the cure together! And you look so great! I hope one day I look skinny and cute post baby...maybe running races would help...haha
What I love about the picture of you and Ben (besides your sexy spandex) is that you took it yourselves :)
We'll watch your kids anytime for you guys, they were great!
You are both great examples of loyalty to a worthy cause. You look so pretty Mindy with your hair getting so long...and Hailey too :o)
I am working on coming to see you.....maybe after the new year?? we'll see....
I am so impressed you do the race every year. I sooo want to do it! I need to stop being a slaker! Hailey's hair looks cute! I am yet to try that hair do....or post any that i've tried apparently.
Yay for you guys on doing the Race! I love Hailey's hair. I gotta work on getting myself a girl...
Post a Comment