So another thing Texas is famous for...Blue Bell ice cream. I think all Texans swear it is the best and it is only sold in 17 states. Yesterday I loaded up the kids and we made the drive (just about 1 hr 15 minutes) up to the Blue Bell Creamery to take the tour. Emily, one of my good friends from my mission whom I haven't seen in years was in Austin visiting her sister and I convinced them to meet me at the creamery since it's about halfway between Houston and Austin. I thought the tour was pretty cool. I enjoyed seeing how one of the best foods in the world is made. For the most part my children were pretty good too.

Here's all the kids (none of my photos captured all of them well). The two boys belong to Emily's sister Jan, who coincidentally was my nurse when I was in the hospital on bedrest just before I had Hailey. The little girl belongs to Emily, and her name is Madison. Everyone knows the other two monkeys belong to me.


Here's Emily and I. I think this picture makes me look old. I'm just days away from 28 you know. In Chinese my last name was Guo (well, that's the American spelling of it anyway) which also happened to be her last name. We often dressed the same and told people we were twins. Wonder why no one ever fell for it.
6 comments:
How fun! I love touring factories. I still remember visiting the Ben & Jerry's factory when I was five! And the Jelly Belly factory is so fun. Karin and I took the kids there last year. I love getting free goodies at the end. :-)
I know you love ice cream! :o) Cute kids running around with the wig.
I remember Emily! I am 4 months pregnant and due Dec. 20. You are so right and me and countdowns, huh?
Oh fun! Now I want some ice cream! And umm...you look about as old as someone young in their 20's can look! (in other words, not very!) haha
Hey Mindy...that was so fun to see you and Hailey and Hunter! By the way, my pictures of the 5 kids together all turned out pretty bad, do you have any better ones you could email me?? Also, I want the one of the 2 of us together too please! Anyway, we all had fun at the ice cream factory!
Mindy! Great blog! I'm so glad you found me & gave me the address! I just have to say I'm so sad I didn't get to see you & Emily while I was in Texas! I'm glad you seem to be liking Austin -- Dan applied for a job there but he can't handle heat well. (: If you ever need to escape the summers down there, feel free to crash at our house in northern CO! Does the Blue Bell ice cream really taste as good as everyone says???
Post a Comment