So the other day my friend Kate took me to the Asian food market. We've been talking about going since forever. She decided that since it was my birthday she would get a sitter for all of our kids and we would finally just go. It was fun to reminisce about all the stuff I remember from Taiwan, but boy did that store smell bad. It's too bad their fruit wasn't fresher, I would have loved to get some guava or waxed apples-haven't had those in over five years. We got some baozi (steamed bun thingy's) for lunch-this was the first time I've ever had one with meat in it (since I was still a vegetarian on my mission). It was pretty good. Then when we left the store I saw one of the frozen drink places like we always went to in Taiwan, so I just had to go in. I think Kate thought I was nuts cause I got my favorite one that I always used to get. Literally translated it's a green bean frozen drink (though not like American green beans, it's made from mung beans) and I had to get it with jenju-the black tapioca ball things. So then we took a picture in front of the store and Kate was like, oh wait, we need to get another one where you can see your gross drink. So we did.Thanks for the fun outing Kate! I really enjoyed it!

8 comments:
I didn't know it was your birthday! Happy Birthday! The good ole days of Asian foods. Now I'm craving a Zenzu drink too!
Glad you had a fun outing for your birthday!
gross drinks always take front and center in my photo ops as well. so, andy hijacked my phone for the weekend and left me without your number. are you going to be online in the next little while so we can try out my new webcam? love ya dude. i still need to talk to you for your birthday. i tried, but alas, i failed yet again. have a great weekend!
oh yeah, happy bday again...I think I need your phone number again! Yeah, cause I am lame. I will email you. Talk to you later.
Thanks for letting me take you! I had a lot of fun! I still can't believe the green bean drink is your favorite... Did your kids like the little snacks you bought? My kids devoured all the shrimp chips--I bet you're glad you weren't here for that! :)
Just hearing about the drink makes me sick. At least it wasn't red bean, that was the worst.
awwww Happy Birthday Mindy! Looks like a yummy drink :o)
I love zhen zhu drinks..yay! I think you're one of the only Americans to like green bean ;) So like in Texas looks good, and your family is so cute. Goodluck with everything!
Post a Comment