CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, July 9, 2009

Its time

This morning I woke up and really missed my friends Amy and family from Taiwan, so I decided that 4 months after our trip I can finally finish blogging about it! Hold the applause. Okay, so on our 5th day there we ventured out on our own again. We took the MRT over to the Chang Kai Shek memorial and the I was so proud that I was able to find my way over to see the LDS temple with the awesome new chapel they built next door. (Course I managed not to take any pictures while we were there). We wandered around at lunchtime until we found a place that made dao shao mian (shaved noodles--so so good) and just had that with yummy fried rice. So now for pictures from the day...

Ben made me take this picture like a 100 times. You can't see it unless you enlarge the picture, but he is standing down in the middle of gate arch thing to show how huge it is.
You have to be impressed with my skills here. I set the camera up on a curved stair railing and actually got a decent shot with a nice background. Whootwhoot.
I like this picture cause I have one that is almost identical to it that I took 6 yrs ago at the end of my mission.
The buildings are so pretty

Ah, and here's me. I'm cute.
That night Abner took us to the night market. I love night markets. They are so crowded and full of culture and cheap stuff. I think I bought some clothes for the kids and a couple things for myself and only spent like $15.
It's great cause you can barely squeeze down most of the rows
Here we are waiting for the MRT so we can head home. Another thing I love about Taiwan is how safe it feels. Now driving doesn't feel safe cause it appears that if they do have traffic laws no one follows them...but what I mean is that I could walk around at 11/30 at night and not feel too worried. I would be so terrified of a night market in Houston...

The next day (day six perhaps)-Friday-we took the train and ventured up to Jiu Fen again-then on the way home we took the wrong bus or something and took hours to get home.

Some views off the cliff at the restaurant where we ate lunch.
I love all the lanterns lining the stairs.
We spent some time in this little shop picking out the perfect pair of shoes for Hailey. It was impressive watching the lady make them. Hailey loves them so much I think she wears them every week to church.
I bought something from this guy last time I was in Taiwan so it was fun to get Ben a dagon picture for his office from the same guy. He paints characters with the side of his hand and then uses a brush for some finishing touches.
A view of the shops
Well, I didn't finish our trip yet, but there's only 2 more days and not too many pictures, so I shall post the rest very soon.


2 comments:

Sarah said...

Looking at your pictures makes me so jealous! I'm happy for you too, though. (;

Dave Dyk said...

I'm proud of you for blogging. Great photos! Can't wait to see the rest. :)