CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Hooray for Halloween

Or maybe that is hooray that Halloween is finally over. It was a fun holiday, but I had a bit of a stressful week leading up to the big day. We decided to have Hunter dress up as one of his favorite things in the world...a basketball. And this meant I had to make the costume for him..and I don't sew. I finally found a pattern online for a small pillow, blew it up like a gazillion times and started on my way. Here's a picture of the first part of the process (just so you will be impressed when it all comes together):
So I stressed and called my mom like 20 times but I finally figured out how to get it to work and I'm pretty proud of myself. Now I'm going to finish stuffing it and sew it off to be a toy for his room. What a handsome b-ball.
Hailey got to be super-girly as a Fairy Princess for Halloween. She loved it. Take one borrowed recital costume from cousin, add a headband/tiara thingy, throw on some wings and some glitter and viola!
Trick-or-treating at their first house...the neighbors across the street. Lots of people set up shop out on their porches/driveways and just hand out treats there...perhaps it is a southern hospitality thing.
At the ward party Ben dressed as the (crazy?) basketball hoop and I was a the basketball player to go with Hunter. When we went trick-or-treating I threw on my Cinderella dress again and Hailey told people she was my Fairy Godmother. Cute cute.I found this cute little Cinderella twin trick-or-treating near my house...thanks for posing with me Brenna!

11 comments:

Jan said...

So cute! I love the Cinderella costume. I think you did a great job with the basketball too.

Emily said...

I was accidentally signed in as my sister...the last comment was from me!

Tiffany Jones said...

Way to go on the basketball. I am such a proud big sister at this moment.

Leia said...

So cute! I'm totally impressed by your skillz!

Larissa@Just Another Day in Paradise said...

The basketball is awesome. I love that your ward all dresses up, Ben looks awesome. I also love that you wore a costume trick or treating. Pretty Cinderella ever.

Susanne said...

Wow! I'm impressed that you made that costume. Especially since I'm a non-sewer. :-) I made part of Gavin's costume but I will shamefully admit that I used the glue gun.

Sarah said...

I love those costumes!!! If I ever have a little boy I'm totally going to fly to Texas just to borrow that from you. (:

tara said...

the costume definitly turned out better than my winnie the pooh disaster that was supposed to be a cake. well done. and the crazy basketball hoop was pretty genius i'll admit. way to go you domestic godess you!!

Carrie said...

Your basketball turned out awesome. Truthfully, when you were pinning it in my backyard while the kids played, I was a little skeptical. How was that going to turn into a basketball? And the final product - so adorable. You even had time to finish your basketball player outfit and make Ben into a hoop. You are an amazing woman!

Dave Dyk said...

Great work on the basketball costume! Hunter is such a cutie in it! Your whole family looked great in your costumes. Gotta love that wig Ben had on.

Michelle said...

How cute are all of you?!