Well, now the kids and I are off to Utah for two weeks. I have a friend from my mission getting married and since we had already decided to spend the money we thought we might as well make a trip out of it. Until next time...
Tuesday, January 29, 2008
It's about time...
Well, I'd say it's about time for a new post here. Geez. I was waiting for something really cool to write about...don't get your hopes up, I didn't really think of one. Hmmm, well, last week we got a piano. It was actually really funny because I found it on the craigslist for the Houston area and as it turns out, the lady lives like 3 blocks away in my neighborhood. The piano is old and can use some work, of course, but the price was good and Ben has been really wanting one for years now (he plays very well). I don't. It's funny though, I've got a beginner's book for adults and I'm a practice-aholic. Ben says whereas you have to force a kid to practice the piano when they are taking lessons, I'm pretty much the opposite (I've spent probably 1-2 hrs at it each day so far). I can play "When the Saints go Marching In" now. Pretty cool. Here's a picture. Please take note of the bench. The day after we got the piano I got all domestic and reupholstered it (you don't even want to know how nasty the floral fabric that it came with was). I was so proud of my little project...
Well, now the kids and I are off to Utah for two weeks. I have a friend from my mission getting married and since we had already decided to spend the money we thought we might as well make a trip out of it. Until next time...
Well, now the kids and I are off to Utah for two weeks. I have a friend from my mission getting married and since we had already decided to spend the money we thought we might as well make a trip out of it. Until next time...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
Great looking piano! Funny that your post was about a piano because just this week I was thinking that it would be cool to own one. Hmm... better start checking out craigslist for a good deal. j.k. Oh, but I do like your upholstery job! Looks superb!
Wow...I love Craigslist! Out in this area they have piano's for free! Its crazy! If we had the room (ie. a house) I would definately pick one up. Oh and as for the layout...I seriously couldn't find one I liked more and then it turns out its yours! Great minds think alike!
Minders! You are so domestic. I have never been on craig's list, maybe I should check it out. Have fun it Utah...ya better bundle up, I heard it is freezing. Love ya.
Wow, you are brave! Not just in going to Utah outnumbered by your kids...but upholstering your PIANO BENCH...and practicing 2 HOURS A DAY?? Yes, Mimdy, you definately are one of my heroes. And I hope you come visit me! Just drop on by--no appointments necessary!
nice work buddy. i'm totally impressed with you skills. i, on the other hand, have several projects that need accomplishing...partly because there is no room for a sewing machine in my house. good work on the practicing. i know your secret...you really have nothing better to do, do you?? don't worry, i won't tell :)
Post a Comment