We finally got my mom and Ken to come out for a visit. It was a lot of fun. My mom was here for 8 days, but Ken was only able to stay for 3 days. In order to follow tradition whenever my mom is visiting, we went miniature golfing. Evidentally no one wants to play outside in the 90 something degree October heat, so we found this place with an indoor course and blacklights. Righteous! Hailey had fun for about nine holes. Hunter enjoyed watching from his stroller for about .5 holes.

The real reason for my parents visit was so we could do the race for the cure for breast cancer. This the fourth time that Ben and I have done the race and the second time that my mom has come down to do it with us. It's becoming a nice little tradition. I'm overwhelmed by the number of people who get out to support this cause. I think there were something like 30,000 people. I got a little emotional at the end watching my mom go through this section they called "survivors path". Ben and I totally planned on running it this year, but at the last minute we decided to walk because we stayed up until 2 am the night before painting our living room.







7 comments:
Cute pictures! I can't believe you've had too kids....your soo thin! What a fun tradition to do the race for the cure. I have thought about it every year and have either been pregnant or nursing....i'm going to have to try harder...walking would be good!
How fun to have your family in town...I loved your hoochie pose! Your hair is getting so long. Are you letting it grow? Fun pics of the kids too. I can't believe how curly Hailey's hair is or is it just the humidity in Texas!
Looks like a fun time with your parents in town! Seeing your pictures makes me miss Kenjamin and Cute Sue... I think you should take a picture of your living room and post it on the blog. Just a suggestion. Or at least tell us what color it is. :)
I love it how you put "my two *little angels
*sometimes"
That's hilarious (and yet, I feel the same way about my two). :-)
What a cool tradition to do the race for the cure! Karin & I will have to do it together next time it's in our area.
hello?? mindy has a blog!! what the f...oh geez, isn't that something we used to say in high school? yeah billy, how's high school--anyway, on the subject of talking on a weekly basis, i believe its your turn missy. love ya! your house rules by the way (you know the tone i'm saying that in) later
ps no announcement, i just thought it sounded cool
You guys are so cute...TAG your it, read my blog for more info!
Post a Comment